Business Studies AS/A2 · AQA
One day you may be a manager in a business related to your chosen subject area or even running your own business. Choosing business studies will give you a helpful insight into the integrated workings of any business. Business Studies blends with many subjects and can lead to careers in law, management, accounting, computing and administration. The majority of business students at Aquinas go on to study for a business related degree.
4 units — 2 for AS level and 2 for A2 level
Both the AS and A2 courses are structured around a number of topic areas and how they affect different types of businesses.
- Marketing — focuses on the processes of identifying, targeting and satisfying customers with an emphasis on marketing objectives, strategy and tactics.
- Accounting and Finance — emphasises the use of accounting and financial information as an aid to decision making and financial control
- People in Organisations — focuses on selected management theories to appreciate and gain an understanding of motivation, leadership and opportunities and constraints created by the business/legal environment.
- Operations Management — focuses on the way organisations use inputs and manage business processes efficiently to satisfy customers.
- External Influences — develops awareness of how the business environment provides opportunities and imposes constraints on the pursuit of short term and long-term plans.
- Objectives and Strategy — draws together all the other topic areas emphasising the interactive nature of the business world.
There will be many discussions and activities based on real life businesses integrated into the course, which will help your understanding and application of the theoretical content. The courses are assessed by examination.
AQA Exam Board Website
Business Studies AS & A Level Leaflet