Dance AS/A2 · AQA
The focus of this course is Contemporary technique, choreography and dance appreciation.
Unit 1 – Understanding Dance (3 study areas):
- The dancer as Performer: Knowledge and understanding of the demands made in practice and performance.
- The process and craft of choreography: own work and that of Professional repertoire.
- The significance of dances: own work and that of Professional repertoire.
Lessons are practical and theoretical based
- A written paper (1hour and 30 minutes)
- 40% of AS marks, 20% of A2.
Unit 2 – Choreography and Performance (3 areas of study):
- Learning about the process of choreographing a solo dance
- Learning and developing performance skills
- The development of performance skills within a duo/trio; learning a set performance piece
AQA Exam Board Website
- A practical exam in 2 parts
- A solo choreography and performance
- Performance of a duo/trio
- 60% of AS, 30% of A2
Dance A Level Leaflet