Modern Languages Japanese • GCSE · EDEXCEL
This one year course will enable you to:
- use the language creatively and imaginatively
- use the language effectively for purposes of practical communication
- given an insight into the culture and civilisation of Japan
The course is divided into the following topic areas:
- Everyday Activities
- Personal and Social Life
- The World Around Us
- The World of Work
- The International World
At the end of the course you will take tests in reading, listening and writing, using kanji, hiragana and katakana script. In addition, there is an optional oral test. During the course you will have the opportunity of taking part in the Japanese exchange.
Preferred Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements, but you should have some foreign language learning ability.
Please note that your enrolment on to a particular course must be approved by the Head of that department.
Modern Languages Japanese • AS/A2 · EDEXCEL
This course is designed to follow on from GCSE This course will enable you to:
- develop understanding of the spoken and written forms of the language from a variety of sources
- communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the foreign language through both the written and spoken word, using increasingly complex and varied language, producing leaflets and newspaper articles.
- develop critical insights into the contemporary society and culture of the country whose language is being studied
AS level is a natural progression from GCSE, building on skills which you have already acquired. The course is divided into topic areas similar to those at GCSE, but studied in greater depth, such as youth culture, lifestyle, education and the world around us. At the end of the course you will take examinations in reading and writing. During the course you will have the opportunity of taking part in the Japanese exchange.
For more information visit the EdExcel Exam Board Website