The course is intended to provide students with an introduction to the leisure industry, enabling them to investigate a range of areas of study. The aims of the course are:
- to enable students to gain an understanding of the nature, structure and range of importance of the leisure industry within the UK.
- to develop an understanding of the current issues, working practices and procedure of the leisure industry, and to recognize the value of the industry both locally and nationally.
- to develop and sustain an interest in the leisure industry.
- to provide a course that is suitable for those students who may wish to progress into employment in the leisure field or go onto higher level courses.
6 units of assessment – 3 for AS and 3 for A2
This is made up of three compulsory units which are:
- The Leisure Industry Today – this unit provides an over-arching understanding of the dynamic UK and European leisure industry.
- A People Business – this unit covers customer service and how the culture has changed over time.
- Getting it Right in the Leisure Industry – this unit involves producing a portfolio based on an investigation into one chosen leisure organisation.
The full award is made up of three AS compulsory units and three more which are:
- Leisure in Action - in this unit you will work as part of a team to plan, carry out and evaluate a real project that is relevant to the leisure industry.
- Working in the People Business - in this unit you will investigate the wide range of career opportunities available in the leisure industry.
- Current Issues – in this unit you will produce a portfolio based on an in-depth investigation into one current issue within the leisure industry.
Each year two units are assessed by coursework and one unit by examination.
For further details please contact Dave Conlon firstname.lastname@example.org