This course is a level 3 qualification equivalent to 2 A Levels grade A-E and is a full-time qualification. The course is intended to provide students with an introduction to the sports industry, enabling them to investigate a range of areas to study.
The aims of the course are:
- To stimulate and sustain students’ interest in, and enjoyment of the sports industry.
- To develop practical sports skills in a variety of sports.
- To provide an appropriate course for those who wish to either progress into employment or to go onto higher level qualifications, such as HND or degree courses.
Diploma consists of 12 units with 6 compulsory units, these include:
- The Sports Industry
- Sport & Society
- Principles of Sport Coaching
- Sport in the U.K.
- Injuries in sport
- Health & Safety for Sport
The 6 remaining units allow the students to pursue the sports performance pathway, these units include:
- Anatomy and Physiology for sport
- Training and Fitness
- Work experience
- Sport & exercise psychology
- Learning & Development Sport Skills
- Advanced Sport Leadership
All units are assessed and graded Pass/ Merit or Distinction and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded.