When does this course run?
Not available during the academic year of 2017-18 (September, January or April)
If you wish to express an interest in the course, please email: [email protected]
Have you ever wanted your own business? There is so much more to just knowing your product. Business is just like a jigsaw, if you know where all the pieces go then you can see the whole picture.
This course is for anyone thinking of starting or buying their own business whether full-time or part-time as a hobby. It is also useful for new start-up businesses currently trading.
The course will cover a range of topics that can often be overlooked, but form the core foundation of a healthy business to build on.
Through the weeks you will be guided through the pitfalls and ensure that you are armed with all the current information to help you build a successful business.
The some of the topics covered are:
- The basics – is self-employment for you?
- How to set up your business – Company or Sole Trader?
- Buying a business or franchise
- The Business Plan
- Intellectual Property
- Choosing the right business name
- Branding, advertising & promotion
- Regulations, Licensing & insurance
- Tax, National Insurance & VAT
- Accounts software
- Staffing, PAYE & Self-Assessment
- Preparing a cashflow forecast
- The Marketing Mix
- Finding customers & Customer care
- Effective market research
- How to win sales and the sales process
- E-commerce & websites
- Social networking & internet marketing