A practical hands-on cookery course designed for beginners wishing to learn new techniques and have a better understanding to produce dishes successfully.
By the end of the course you will have developed your knowledge and skills and have confidence to reproduce recipes at home. Recipes will be provided each week with adaptations to suit taste and quantity. You will learn through watching demonstrations, following recipes and through your own practical work/cookery journey.
- Produce a variety of classic meat and fish dishes
- Prepare basic sauces to go with a variety of dishes
- Produce pastry to make into a selection of savour and sweet dishes
- Produce a selection of basic cakes, muffins, cookies and biscuits
- Your tutor will demonstrate a range of cooking skills and techniques and teach you how to work in a safe and hygienic manner.
Additional ingredients/materials required or recommended:
Apart from week 1, learners will provide their own ingredients from week 2 onwards with recipes provided each week by the tutor. Please bring an apron and a bag / container to take your cooked dishes home in.
Prior experience or qualifications needed
Cooking skills are not essential, just a general interest in food.
When can I attend:
Tuesday 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Actual Autumn term fees: Full fee £145.00 Benefit fee £72.50
Actual spring term fees: Full fee £123.50 Benefit fee £62.50
Estimated summer term fees: Full fee £134.25 Benefit fee £67.50