Courses are full for September 2018 start. Next applications from: April 2019 for September 2019 start.
Monday or Tuesday evening 6.30pm to 9.00pm
GCSE courses at Aquinas College
Each GCSE course is taught as a one year part-time course, designed for those who:
- may have been out of education for a while
- would like another opportunity to take a course and achieve a qualification you didn’t achieve at grade C
- need it for higher education
- want to improve career/employment prospects
- want to go onto an Access to Higher Education course or A level programme
- Many of our GCSE students’ progress onto an Access to Higher Education course either here at Aquinas College or elsewhere (depending upon the subject needed). Other students take more GCSE courses.
- The examinations take place during the daytime in late May/early June and are either timed to start at 9.00 am or 1.00 pm. The examination dates and times are set by the examination boards and are not negotiable or changeable. If you are considering enrolling onto one of the GCSE courses, you must ensure that you are going to be available for these examinations. It is your responsibility to clear this with your employer if you normally work in the day.
- The courses are taught on either Monday or Tuesday evenings (full details of this within each course description). The courses cover everything you will need to be confident when taking the examinations during the summer.
How do we assess your suitability for a course?
Following the receipt of a completed application form, you will be asked to attend an interview to discuss the course further and demonstrate to the course tutor/advisor that you have the commitment and skills necessary to successfully complete the course. You will complete Initial Assessments in literacy and/or numeracy at this interview. The completion and results of the assessment(s) ensure you receive the correct advice and guidance.