Applications to our Pathways course (pre-GCSE) are welcome from September for the following year. Applicants must meet the criteria set out in our main college admissions policy.
When considering whether Aquinas is the right college, it is important to keep all options open and adhere strictly to the admissions process.
Please bear in mind
- Places on the Pathways course are limited by accommodation, resources and staffing.
- It is important for the college to assess accurately whether the student will benefit from our care and provision.
- Students who complete the application form in good time will be invited to visit the college.
- The college will undertake an assessment as to the suitability of the course.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
Pathways Admissions Policy
The minimum academic entry requirement for the Pathways Programme is P6.
The course focuses on developing independence and so students must be able to access all aspects of the course, including using public transport and undertaking work experience.
- Applications for joining us in 2018 are invited from 5th September 2017.
- To maintain priority in line with College’s Admissions Policy applications should be completed by 30th September 2017.
- Applications after this date may be unsuccessful if all the available places are filled.
- If places are still available, late applications will be considered in the order in which they are received.
Step by step application process
- The Application Form is available online from 5th September. To maintain priority it should be completed by 30th September.
- Applicants will be invited to interview.
- College will request supporting information from school/college, medical information, EHC plans and support services.
- Observation visits are made to the present school/college.
- Transition visits are made to the Pathways department
- An assessment is made re the suitability of the Pathways course for the applicant
- If appropriate, an offer is made by letter by Saturday 20th December 2017