For more information on categories and our admission policy see Sixth form Admissions.
- Open Evenings will be on
- Saturday 30 September 10.00am – 1.00pm
Wednesday 11 October; 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Thursday 2nd November; 6.30pm – 8:30pm.
- Applications for all categories should be made online.
- The application form will be available from the first Open Evening, Saturday 30 September until the closing date Thursday 30 November 2017 at midnight.
- A reference from school will be sought for all applicants.
- Applicants in category 1 whose applications are received by the 30 November deadline will be invited for a one-to-one advice and guidance session.
- Applicants in Category 2 whose applications are received by the 30 November deadline will be assessed and those applicants selected for further consideration will be invited for interview.
- All applicants will hear from us, via email, by 19 December
One-to-One Advice and Guidance Sessions and Interviews.
For applicants in category 1 this session is an opportunity to find out more about the college and the courses available. Students will be asked to bring with them evidence of their current academic progress. This will ensure that appropriate advice and guidance can be given about courses which match the applicant’s academic ability and career plans.
For applicants in category 2 this interview is an opportunity to discuss courses available and their application in general. This interview will be used together with their application form and school reference to decide whether the student will be offered a place.
After all interviews have taken place students will receive an email informing them of the outcome. Our offer of a place is not subject to certain GCSE results however each subject has individual entry criteria. Please check our Subject Entry Criteria.
Wednesday 4 July 2018
Thursday 5 July 2018
All students who have received an offer will be invited to one of our welcome days.
During the Welcome Day college routines and facilities are introduced and there are talks by staff and the Student Council. Students will have the opportunity to attend trial lessons. Advice on enrolment is also provided.
An Information Evening for parents is held in the College Lecture Theatre on each evening.
After the August Bank holiday students enrol. We spend as long as is necessary to provide advice and guidance to enable students to choose the right course.
Enrolment will be on Tuesday 28 August or Wednesday 29 August 2018.
Should you have any questions or require clarification on any matter relating to our admission procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us. You will be able to talk to us directly on the Open Evenings or alternatively please contact our Admissions Team, by email [email protected] or by telephone 0161 419 3605