Application for entry in 2021
For more information on categories and our admission policy see Sixth form Admissions.
The Government have asked us to minimise the number of visitors where possible and therefore reduce, as far as we are able, any risks to the health and safety of our students, staff and the community. We are therefore postponing our “Onsite” Open Events and our Virtual Event will go live at 12 noon on Saturday 3 October and will be available to view until 30 November.
- Application is online via the website.
- The application form will be available from, Saturday 26 September 2020 until our closing date of midnight Monday 30 November 2020.
- A reference from school may be sought for applicants.
- Applicants in category 1 whose applications are received by our 30 November 2020 closing date will be invited for a course consultation meeting.
Course consultation meeting date & times will be issued after application is submitted.
- Applicants in Category 2 whose applications are received by the 30 November 2020 closing date will be assessed and those applicants selected for further consideration will be invited for interview.
- All applicants will hear from us by 18 December 2020 via email.
Course Consultation Meeting.
For applicants in category 1 this session is an opportunity to find out more about the college and the courses available. Applicants will be asked to bring with them evidence of their current academic progress. This will ensure that appropriate advice and guidance can be given about courses which match the applicant’s academic ability and career plans.
For applicants in category 2 this interview is an opportunity to discuss courses available and their application in general. This interview will be used together with their application form to decide whether the applicant will be offered a place.
Category 2 applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email once all the interviews have taken place.
Our offer of a place is not subject to certain GCSE results however each subject has individual entry criteria. Please check our Subject Entry Criteria.
Wednesday 30 June 2021
Thursday 1 July 2021
All applicants who have received an offer will be invited to one of our welcome days.
Welcome Day provides an opportunity to attend trial lessons. College routines and facilities are introduced and there are talks by staff and our Student Council. Advice on enrolment is also provided.
There will be an Information Evening at 7.30pm on both Welcome Days for parents and carers.
We spend as long as necessary to provide advice and guidance to enable students to choose the right course.
Enrolment days are Monday 24 August and Tuesday 25 August 2021.
Should you have any questions or require clarification on any matter relating to our admission procedure, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Team, by email [email protected] or by telephone 0161 419 3605.