Application for entry in 2022
For more information on categories and our admission policy see Sixth form Admissions.
- Application is online via the website.
- The application form will be available from, Monday 27 September 2021 until our closing date of midnight Tuesday 30 November 2021.
- Applicants in category 1 whose applications are received by our 30 November 2021 closing date will be invited for a course consultation meeting.
- Applicants in Category 2 whose applications are received by the 30 November 2021 closing date will be assessed and those applicants selected for further consideration will have an interview.
- All applicants will hear from us by 17 December 2021 via email.
Course Consultation Discussion
Applicants in category 1
Applicants will need recent evidence of their current academic progress to ensure that appropriate advice and guidance can be given about courses which match the applicant’s academic ability and career plans.
Applicants in category 2
The interview will be used together with the application form to decide whether the applicant will be offered a place. Interviewees will need recent evidence of their current academic progress to ensure that appropriate advice and guidance can be given about courses which match the applicant’s academic ability and career plans.
Category 2 applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email once all the interviews have taken place.
Our offer of a place is not subject to certain GCSE results however each subject has individual entry criteria. Please check our Subject Entry Criteria.
Monday 4th July 2022
Tuesday 5th July 2022
All applicants who have received an offer will be invited to one of our welcome days.
Welcome Day provides an opportunity to attend trial lessons. College routines and facilities are introduced and there are talks by staff and our Student Council. Advice on enrolment is also provided.
We spend as long as necessary to provide advice and guidance to enable students to choose the right course.
Enrolment days are Monday 22nd August and Tuesday 23rd August 2022.
Should you have any questions or require clarification on any matter relating to our admission procedure, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Team, by email [email protected] or by telephone 0161 419 3605.
New students will need to attend our Induction days on Wednesday 31st August and Thursday 1st September.
Start of lessons
Lessons start on Monday 5th September.