Monday and Tuesday (6.30pm – 8.30pm)
Have you ever wanted to learn how to arrange flowers in a professional way? Then this is the course for you!
This course is designed for anyone who is new to floristry or for those who have prior experience and want to perfect their designs for special events and occasions. Beginners will be given the opportunity to learn the basic skills needed for floristry and all students will learn and perfect their skills in a supportive environment.
Whilst on the course, you will be given the opportunity to explore the following topics:
- small posy arrangement;
- button holes;
- oblong cluster table arrangement;
- using dried/silk flowers;
- vase designs;
- parallel and asymmetrical arrangements;
- top table and ring event designs;
- themed and hand-tied bouquets;
- themed seasonal designs;
- corsage/hair designs; and
- contemporary corporate arrangements.
This course is suitable for beginners and intermediate.
Sundries for this course will be provided by the college and are included in the cost of the course but you will need to supply your own scissors.
Additional materials required (not included in the cost of the course):
- You will provide your own flowers each week.
- Flowers for the course can be obtained from supermarkets and flower shops.
- To obtain flowers from wholesalers you have to have a business account, however there is one wholesaler called GBR wholesale in Manchester that does sell to the public.
You are welcome to research ideas and trends on Pinterest or YouTube ahead of their weekly lessons.