Tuesday (6.00pm – 7.00pm)
If you feel that computers are a scary prospect and technology has left you behind? Then this introduction to computing course is the ideal course for you. It is aimed to give you confidence in basic computer use. You will be studying using workbooks and doing practical exercises in a class with other students and supported by friendly and patient staff who will help you develop your skills on the computer.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Find your way around a Computer & Computing Safely
- Introduction to Windows & MS Word
- Basic word processing; creating and saving documents; word processing tips and hints
- Setting up an email account and using emails
- Using the internet, shopping online & keeping safe: your security and making passwords
- Transferring photos from phones to memory stick, PC, laptop or tablet
On completion of this course, learners would be expected to progress to an intermediate level.
No prior experience needed but will help if the you have some mouse or keyboard skills (this will go a long way to progressing the course)
Nothing, but learners may be required to bring their own headphones if wanting to use sound/audio services/websites