GCSE Science Trilogy (Double Award GCSE): Biology/Chemistry/Physics
Attendance required on both Monday and Tuesday evenings 6.00 to 9.00 pm for the duration of the course.
Entry requirements: To apply for this course you must already hold Level 2 Functional skills OR a Grade C (4) or higher in English and Mathematics GCSE.
Each GCSE course is taught as a one year part-time course, designed for those who:
- may have been out of education for a while
- would like another opportunity to take a course and achieve a qualification didn’t achieve at grade C
- need it now for higher education
- want to improve career/employment prospects
- want to go onto an Access to Higher Education course or an A level programme
- Many of our GCSE students’ progress onto an Access to Higher Education course either here at Aquinas College or elsewhere (depending upon the subject needed). Other students take more GCSE courses.
- The examinations take place during the daytime in late May/early June and are either timed to start at 9.00 am or 1.00 pm. The examination dates and times are set by the examination boards and are not negotiable or changeable. If you are considering enrolling onto one of the GCSE courses, you must ensure that you are going to be available for these examinations. It is your responsibility to clear this with your employer if you normally work in the day.
- Attendance for this course is Monday AND Tuesday evenings (full details of this within the course description). The course covers everything you will need to be confident when taking the examinations during the summer.
Following the receipt of a completed application form, you will be asked to attend an interview to discuss the course further and demonstrate to the course tutor/advisor that you have the commitment and skills necessary to successfully complete the course. You will complete Initial Assessments in literacy plus a Science assessment at this interview. The completion and results of the assessment(s) ensure you receive the correct advice and guidance.