Business CTEC Level 2 Diploma
Businesses are at the heart of the economy. They develop innovation, create wealth within communities and lead the way in enhancing the skill of the UK workforce. This vocational course is an ideal foundation for students looking to progress on to a level 3 qualification or apprenticeship, but also provides the skills and knowledge required to enter the workplace, providing students with a theoretical background reinforced with practical skills that transfer into the modern workplace.
This course is 100% coursework and equivalent to 4 GCSEs at grade 4 and above (A* – C). This course would be suitable for students who:
- Want to learn about how the business world works
- Want to develop skills, knowledge and understanding that will enable progression.
Ten Units make up the qualification (8 single and 2 Double units). Typical units of study include –
- Business organisations– Students will have an understanding of the aims and objectives that business organisations have and how a business operates
- People in organisations– This unit covers how skills for employability are broadly formalised and documented in the recruitment process and how they fit in into job roles and organisational structures
- The Marketing Plan – Marketing is a key business function covering a wide range of activities and employing many people. Students will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to begin to understand the role of marketing within an organisation
There are no exams. Your tutor will assess your work for all Units and this will be moderated by OCR.
Career opportunities and further study
This qualification will equip students to work in roles such as office, sales or administration assistance.
Students can continue on to undertake level 3 qualifications, level 3 apprenticeships or other occupational qualifications.
Trips and Events
Entry Requirements 2024
You can view provisional entry requirements for courses that start in 2024 from the link below. Please note that your enrolment on to a particular course must be approved by the Head of that department.
Subject Entry Requirements