The Governing Body has a total of twenty members each of whom brings their own specific expertise, skills and experience. All Governors give their time voluntarily and have always shown a high level of commitment to both the College itself and its mission.
The composition of the Governing Body is laid down by the College’s Instrument & Articles of Government. This is a legal document under the terms of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 which incorporated the College and establishes the Governing Body as a legal entity and defines what the Governing Body and the College may do. The Governing Body comprises:
- 12 Foundation Governors, who are appointed by its Trustees – the Diocese of Shrewsbury
- 2 Co-opted members selected because of their special expertise or standing in the community or links to the College
- 2 elected Staff Governors
- 1 elected Parent Governor
- 2 elected Student Governors
- The Principal
The Chair is Cllr Tom McGee and the Vice Chair is Mrs Judy Miller. The Governing Body employs a Clerk to facilitate all aspects of its work. The Clerk is Mr Terry Conlon.