Aquinas College is committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, that all activities are carried out with the highest regard for the health, safety and welfare of all its employees, students and of any others who may be affected by its undertakings.
Our aim is excellence in health and safety, by means of continuous improvement of standards, systematically removing the causes of accidents/incidents and ill-health.
Aquinas College recognises its duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Regulations made under it. The College will comply with the above legislation and accepts its responsibilities for the Health, Safety, and Welfare at work of all its employees.
The board of Governors believes that ensuring the health and safety of staff, students and visitors is essential to the success of the college.
We are committed to:
- Providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment
- Preventing accidents and work related ill health
- Assessing and controlling risks from curriculum and non-curriculum work activities
- Ensuring safe working methods and providing safe equipment
- Providing effective information, instruction and training
- Monitoring and reviewing systems to make sure they are effective
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture through communication and consultation with employees, students and their representatives on health and safety matters
- Setting targets and objectives to develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensuring adequate welfare facilities exist at the college
- Ensuring adequate resources are made available for health and safety issues, so far as is reasonably practicable
A Health and Safety Management System has been created to ensure the above commitments can be met. All Governors, staff and students will play their part in its implementation.
Download the full Health and Safety Policy from the downloads section of this page.