An important aim of attending sixth form is to achieve good examination results. This will enable you to progress to the next stage of your personal development, which could either be to gain entry to higher education or to obtain a better job/apprenticeship than you would have been able to at the end of Year 11.
If Aquinas College is to be successful in helping you to achieve your potential then it is important that you agree to the specific requirements of the College’s studentship agreement.
As part of my commitment to my studies and to Aquinas College I agree to:
- Attend all sessions as indicated on my timetable including General RE and tutorials
- Attend any additional meetings or sessions as instructed by staff
- Wear my college ID at all times while on the college site
- Arrive punctually with the correct equipment
- Organise my independent study time carefully so that no time is wasted and set work is done thoroughly and submitted on time
- Complete work beyond that which is set (approx. 5 hours per subject,) so as to develop a wider understanding of the subject being studied
- Ensure that any part-time work commitments are outside the college day and will not interfere with my academic studies
- Organise routine medical/dental appointments outside the normal college day
- Inform my personal tutor and subject tutors in advance, if I know that I am going to be away from college and ensure that missed learning and assignments are caught up in a timely manner
- Ask a parent or guardian to phone student services each morning if I am too ill to attend college
- Treat all members of the Aquinas Community with respect and report any incidents of peer on peer abuse
- Treat all areas of the building and equipment appropriately
- Uphold the College’s core values in terms of my conduct whilst at college
- Adhere to all college safety measures during COVID 19;
I understand that all the above will be monitored by my teachers, group tutor and my senior tutor. Any issues will be discussed with me and my parents/carers will be contacted.